Paul on Mon, 10 Feb 2003 16:59:11 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Without OS X

I have two NICs working under Linux. One wireless, one 100baseT. The only problem I had at first was that depending on which card I enabled first, the gateway would switch between the wireless router and the Internet Connection Sharing Windows PC. Also, at first I tried using a staic route to the wireless router since it was on the same network as my local network. I solved that by putting the wireless router and the computers directly attached to it on another network.

When things "just work" you miss out on a lot of learning!

W. Chris Shank wrote:

I've pretty much had a similar experience. Although I still have my linux
servers and have no intention of replacing them with XServer's - since my
x86 boxes are cheap, fast, and stable (emphasis on cheap). And I'm havig
some learning pains with OS X, like why the mac/PC hybrid PC doesn't work
on some PC's and I can't figure out how to restart networking so that my
built-in ethernet is recognized after I've been using the wireless
connection - but I haven't looked too hard into this yet.