Fred K Ollinger on Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:41:03 -0500

Re: [PLUG] iptables and NAT

> On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 04:56:17PM -0500, Paul wrote:
> > Is it just me, or was ipchains easier to use than iptables?
>
> Probably, but iptables does more too. (ipchains kept no state, so of
> course it was simpler.)

Maybe the manual was easier for ipchains b/c of less features?

I am still using ipchains b/c of laziness. However, I have heard that one
can search and replace ipchains w/ iptables and things will almost work. I
have not tried this. If you do try it and it works, then you can focus on
adding extra features later that is stateful connections.

Fred Ollinger