nash oudha on Wed, 12 Feb 2003 01:23:05 -0500

[PLUG] nis or ldap

hi guys

i dont know how came i'm in plug mailing list, but i have been getting all those mails whitchs for ages sounds like an alien language in my ear. but now its time to ask my question.

as mcse network admin. i build a local network like this... klick klick...klick and i dont have to understand what went on just as far as microsoft want me to know. since one of my best frinds asked me to make a lan for his new office based on linux domain i told hem not to warry u r at the right address so i grap madrake 8.2 (easy i heard) install a server and some clients i have chosen NIS as auth. with help of webmin i managed to run a DNS and dhcp but ...
when i'm traying to log in from a linux box i got something like
yellowpages plaplapla domain not bound

does some one know what went wrong?

shouldnt i use the light one ldap and what is the diverence between them?