gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:01:07 -0500

Re: [PLUG] OS X vs. Free Software: Take 2

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 10:55:34AM -0500, christophe barbe wrote:
> Yesterday afternoon I got yes another Mac OS X server experience of
> 'Just it doesn't work' and though it would be a nice addition to
> the recent OS X thread.

Christophe, your post reads exactly like the description an
experienced Windows NT/2k administrator would give of trying to make
things work under Linux.

You are not using Linux. Mac OS X is not the same as Linux. You
should not presume that things are the same, you should read the
documentation, in whatever format Apple has provided it (which may
well NOT be Unix man pages... though it seems more likely that
whoever set this system up neglected to install those).

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net