Michael Bevilacqua on Sun, 16 Feb 2003 01:21:15 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Drop Shaddow Cursor w/ XFree

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 01:00:29AM -0500, Forge wrote:
> Ehh, GeForce2 MX? Are you using the Nvidia binary drivers? (emerge -s
> nvidia)

He would be using the same drivers I am.

> If so, they have a separate hardware cursor shadow, read Nvidia's readme
> for info on changing/disabling it.

I think you mean HWCursor, not CursorShadow.

>From the readme:

        Option "SWCursor" "boolean"
                Enable or disable software rendering of the X cursor.
                Default: off.

        Option "HWCursor" "boolean"
                Enable or disable hardware rendering of the X cursor.
                Default: on.

        Option "CursorShadow" "boolean" Enable or disable use of a
                shadow with the hardware accelerated cursor; this is a
                black translucent replica of your cursor shape at a
                given offset from the real cursor.  This option is
                only available on GeForce2 or better hardware (ie
                everything but TNT/TNT2, GeForce 256, GeForce DDR and
                Quadro).  Default: no cursor shadow.

        Option "CursorShadowAlpha" "integer"
                The alpha value to use for the cursor shadow; only
                applicable if CursorShadow is enabled.  This value must
                be in the range [0, 255] -- 0 is completely transparent;
                255 is completely opaque.  Default: 64.

        Option "CursorShadowXOffset" "integer"
                The offset, in pixels, that the shadow image will be
                shifted to the right from the real cursor image; only
                applicable if CursorShadow is enabled.  This value must
                be in the range [0, 32].  Default: 4.

        Option "CursorShadowYOffset" "integer"
                The offset, in pixels, that the shadow image will be
                shifted down from the real cursor image; only applicable
                if CursorShadow is enabled.  This value must be in the
                range [0, 32].  Default: 2.

--
Regards,

Michael Bevilacqua