JP Toto on Sat, 15 Feb 2003 22:46:15 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Drop Shaddow Cursor w/ XFree

To answer your question... yes, I guess Im using
xfree-drm 4.2.99.1 This was a new gentoo install. I
usually just like to do emerge kde and let it suck
down all the dependancies. I guess it did xfree
4.2.99.1 by default. Anyway, I tried all the options
that GR listed and still can't seem to get the darned
alpha blending turned off! It shows up in TWM too. Im
using a Geforce 2 MX. At this rate... I might have to
actually resort to the xfree documentation!  :-)

Cheerios, - JP

PS - Somehow I find this oddly ironic that I can't get
an advanced graphics feature, something that usually
takes some doing to get working on Linux, turned off
:-)

http://thorstenhaas.de/toshiba2410/files/XF86Config-4

> As per gr's post I just installed:
>
>         Option "CursorShadow" "1"
>         Option "CursorShadowAlpha" "63"
>         Option "CursorShadowYOffset" "2"
>         Option "CursorShadowXOffset" "4"
>
> : into my XF86Config-4 and now I do have the alpha
> shadowed cursor where
> I didn't before, so by default it didn't. I use
> Enlightenment. Also, I
> did open a TWM session to verify that the shadow
> wasn't showing up in
> just E before I installed those lines out of
> curiosity. I use a GeForce3
> Ti-500 with the 1.0.3123 drivers.
>
> Hope this helps.
>

> --