Pete Foley on Sun, 16 Feb 2003 10:30:33 -0500

[PLUG] I/O Controller Cards

I am in the need of an I/O Controller card for a box that I use as a
file server.  I just had to put a new MB (well, not so new, but a
different) in it, and now the HD transfer rate is only 3Mbs (using
HDParm).

So I am just assuming that is because the MB is rather old and only
supports ATA/33.  The drives that I have in there are ATA/100, so I am
hoping that throwing a I/O card in there will help speed transfers up.

Anyway, can anyone recommened any IDE I/O Controller Cards that work
well in linux?  I am using a 2.2.23 kernel (I don't really want to have
to up the box to 2.4, but I can if I need to).

Thanks a lot,
-Pete