gabriel rosenkoetter on Sun, 16 Feb 2003 10:32:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] mac os x scanner NOT printer

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 10:13:13AM -0500, Fred K Ollinger wrote:
> No. She has photoshop for OS 9. The "aquire" used to work via twain in OS
> 9, now it doesn't. So I guess that the scanner speaks twain. But it
> doesn't work anymore. :(

Hrm.

Well, running OS 9 Photoshop under emulation in Mac OS X will
definitely not work, because Classic doesn't have access to devices,
so far as I know.

Adobe, no doubt, wants money for an upgrade to Mac OS X (though
maybe that's worth checking into). In any case:

  http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/systemreqs.html

and:

  http://www.adobe.com/products/adobesupportsOSX.html

say Photoshop exists for Mac OS X. The warning about plugins not
working with Mac OS X is irrelevant in this case (Photoshop's TWAIN
acquire is built in).

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net