Fred K Ollinger on Sun, 16 Feb 2003 10:14:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] mac os x scanner NOT printer

> > This is to be done by the enduser. No offense, but it needs to really be
> > easy, no cli things in this case. :(
>
> Needs to for this user or for Mac OS X (in your opinion)?

For the end user. I'm not trying to tear down Mac OS X (in this post :) ).

Whatever it takes to get this scanner working. I just want her to be able
to do it. She's very far away, and I don't think I'd be able to make it to
her place again. I just want to tell her what to do to get this working.

> In any case, has she got Photoshop for Mac OS X? (Does Adobe even
> make that? I presume that they do...) If so, same deal, presuming
> the scanner speakes TWAIN; just do an "Acquire..." from the File
> menu, and pick TWAIN.

No. She has photoshop for OS 9. The "aquire" used to work via twain in OS
9, now it doesn't. So I guess that the scanner speaks twain. But it
doesn't work anymore. :(

Any other ideas?

Fred