Fred K Ollinger on Fri, 14 Feb 2003 15:21:05 -0500

[PLUG] mac os x scanner NOT printer

I recently wrote to the list complaining about a "printer" issue with a
Mac OS X upgrade to jaguar. I just know that it sounded like a troll b/c
there were few details, and I'm not yet an expert at Mac OS X.

It wasn't.

However, the printer wasn't the problem; it was a scanner.

Can someone please give a suggestion. Here's the problem. Scanner worked
flawlessly. The user upgraded (by herself, I wasn't there) to jaguar.
Scanner doesn't work.

I scoured the web looking for help to no avail. Epson seemed to suggest
that the scanner wouldn't work at all w/ the upgrade, though it had worked
great under Mac OS X, before the upgrade.

Here's her email to me:

> My printer is working ok now, I can't remember which
> problem it was. I still want to figure out how to scan
> slides on my Epson 1650 scanner, if you learn anything
> about that.

Thanks for the support of the Mac OS X people.

sincerly,

Fred Ollinger (follinge@sas.upenn.edu)
CCN sysadmin