gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 14 Feb 2003 19:21:03 -0500

Re: [PLUG] mac os x scanner NOT printer

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 03:09:58PM -0500, Fred K Ollinger wrote:
> However, the printer wasn't the problem; it was a scanner.
>
> Can someone please give a suggestion. Here's the problem. Scanner worked
> flawlessly. The user upgraded (by herself, I wasn't there) to jaguar.
> Scanner doesn't work.

A few more details than this:

> I scoured the web looking for help to no avail. Epson seemed to suggest
> that the scanner wouldn't work at all w/ the upgrade, though it had worked
> great under Mac OS X, before the upgrade.

> > problem it was. I still want to figure out how to scan
> > slides on my Epson 1650 scanner, if you learn anything
> > about that.

would help.

How'd it work before?

How is the scanner attached to the system? (SCSI? USB? (2.0?)
Firewire?)

What software was used to capture the images in the past?

Does Epson provide Mac OS X software?

Does the scanner do TWAIN? (If so, install Fink, install the Gimp,
and you're done.)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net