JP Toto on Sun, 16 Feb 2003 09:48:04 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Drop Shaddow Cursor w/ XFree

Well... some serious searching on the gentoo forums
has lead to basically the same stuff we've already
discussed here.

    Option "CursorShadow"  "on"

seems to be the option that turns the alpha blending
and drop shadow action on. Unfortunately all or most
of the forum posts are all folks trying to get the
thing turned on :-)

Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty cursor and I
wouldn't mind leaving the alpha turned on because you
can see through it which I think is kinda nifty. That
said - the drop shadow drives me absolutely bonkers.
Im constantly having to second-guess what Im clicking
on. Im going to try and set the "CursorOffset" to 0
and see if I can just get rid of the shadow....
Thanks for all the advice :-)

Cheerios , - JP

--- gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 01:04:12AM -0500, Paul
> wrote:
> > What's the big deal with the drop shadow? If it's
> not causing a problem
> > why not just leave it alone?
>
> But it IS causing a problem. He doesn't want it
> there. Windows XP is
> cutesy, but those whom it makes puke can easily go
> back to regular
> Win2k look and feel.
>
> --
> gabriel rosenkoetter