Kevin Brosius on Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:10:35 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Drop Shaddow Cursor w/ XFree

Sounds like we're mixing two different cursor features.  "CursorShadow"
seems to be a driver specific option, as I've not run across it before.
The new XFree86 4.3.0 alpha blended cursors are not controlled from this
option, but from Xresources or environment variables.

Here's a good rundown of the options:
http://www.mail-archive.com/xfree86%40xfree86.org/msg00827.html

I believe the Xcursor.core/XCURSOR_CORE resource should do what you
want, although I'm not entirely clear.  Also, the default theme has
changed snapshot to snapshot as the 4.3 release gets closer.  The
resource Xcursor.theme/XCURSOR_THEME says it uses the 'default' theme if
you don't set it.  However, default was 'redglass' for early snapshots.
I believe it was changed to 'core' in the last couple release candidate
snapshots.  Valid options that I know of are 'redglass', 'whiteglass'
and 'core' (although 'core' is probably only in RC1 and RC2, not the
version you have in gentoo.)

--
Kevin