Eugene Smiley on Fri, 21 Feb 2003 09:01:07 -0500

RE: [PLUG] The Redhat Free Update Ride is ending

Kam wrote:
> Of course, this new step has nothing to do with anyone who can 'rpm
> -Uhv foo.rpm' from the shell. It only impacts people relying on the
> up2date utility and the service it provides. See the email text
> below...

Or one could use autoupdate from
http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/~gerald/ftp/autoupdate/.

It can be run as a cron job and completely auotomates the download and
installation of rpm updates. It has the added benefit of being able to draw
from more than just the Redhat ftp repository. For example, instead of
updating KDE from Redhat, I have autoupdate setup to keep KDE updated from
KDE's ftp site.