Greg Lopp on Tue, 25 Feb 2003 12:41:04 -0500

Re: [PLUG] OpenOffice splash screen

http://ui.openoffice.org/howto/index.html

How do I disable this +*&$?# splash screen?

Go to the program directory of your office installation. Locate
the soffice.ini/.sofficerc therein. Open it in a editor of your
choice. Change ?Logo=1? to ?Logo=0?.

On my system (from http://www.phy.olemiss.edu/openoffice/ woody
main contrib), there is a system-wide /etc/openoffice/sofficerc
that did the trick.