Kevin Brosius on Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:13:10 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Kernel issues

It appears that the 8.1 ftp install is fairly complete...  I haven't
tried it, but their web site claims it has all the packages except a few
because of licensing issues.

Yes, I have SuSE 8.1 on one system.  My other systems run SuSE 7.3,
including a web server at http://kevb.net .  I'm a little unhappy with
their remote update system in 8.1, as it seems to have trouble
downloading packages, but other than that it works well.  If you haven't
used their admin tool 'yast' or 'yast2' you'll probably find it takes a
little getting used to.

Default desktop system is SuSE modified KDE.  They also include gnome
packages, plus the ability to specify window manager from the config
tools.

--
Kevin