Eugene Smiley on Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:41:03 -0500

RE: [PLUG] GPG keys (revocation and regeneration)

plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org <> wrote:
> a) How can I try and figure out if I can revoke my original key?
> What happens if I can't?

Without the secret key and passphrase OR the revocation certificate, it
can't be done. It's out there. The bird has flown the coop. I have several
birds that have flown the coop. Keys, I mean... ;)

> b) Can I generate a new key using the same email address as before?

Yup. You can sit there all day and create keys with duplicate email
addresses until your fingers bleed. There is no checking/validating
involved.
"gpg --gen-key" away.