gabriel rosenkoetter on Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:10:35 -0500

Re: [PLUG] how kernel compiling works

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 10:37:48AM -0800, Wayne Dawson wrote:
> Jesus F. Christ!  There *has* to be a better way!!!  I just sat here for a
> GD hour answering all those f***ing prompts to recompile the kernel.

First, you've bleeped some things, but you've left more than a few
words that can offend in there (some of which I just chopped). None
of it offended me personally, but this is a public forum. Please
show some restraint.

Second, you're asking for make oldconfig, if memory serves (not that
I regularly build Linux kernels), and it's existed since the
beginning.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net