Doug Crompton on Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:41:03 -0500

[PLUG] NFS problem?

I just started having problems with I think NFS. I am using SuSe 7.3. I
have had an NFS session running to a remote server for many months and it
worked fine but now it appears that something has gone wrong. The session
is locking up and I cannot kill anything associated with it. A PS shows
any session that used NFS to be a 'D' - uninterruptable.

So if I do a DF or CD to the NFS mounted directory the session hangs and I
cannot kill it - even a kill -9 will not recover it. The TTY session is
lost/dead. The only way it seems to recover and clean up the system is to
reboot.

It is possible that the remote site is flakey. Should that casue an
unrecoverable hang here? Is there a switch I should be using in the mount?

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *