Eugene Smiley on Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:41:04 -0500

RE: [PLUG] GnuPG 1.2.1 trustdb checks for every pubkey import?

Jeff wrote:
> Actually, we have met, Eugene, at David's gpg talk. And I signed
> your key id A7EDFD2F on 2002-12-25. You signed my key on
> 2002-12-20. Apparently the real Eugene Smiley and I have met. ;-)

Oops. Misunderstanding. I meant that Gabe and I haven't meet.

> January or February meetings.
>
> Maybe this is related to why mutt (via gpg) claims the signature
> on your message is not good. Or maybe it's Outlook. How odd,
> anyway.

I'm looking into alternative mail readers... I've given up on
figuring out the issues between PGP and Outlook.

>>> It'd still be nice to see some cross-signing and propogation of
>>> the key, though.
>> Import the key above... It's signed by PLUG members including
>> Jeff if I recall.
>
> But isn't the same key.

It is. Honest. David has stated this issue over on the PGP-Users
and the GnuPG-Users mailing lists. Posted below for clarification.