Tobias DiPasquale on Thu, 27 Feb 2003 17:10:35 -0500

Re: [PLUG] ARGH!!!!!!!!!

On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 16:20, Dan Roberts wrote:
> OK... here's an ARGH update. I have swapped out memory with another 256MB/pc
> 133. I changed harddrives also. Same problem. The box, sitting at the prompt
> or login, just dies. Screen goes black and the caps and scroll lock keys
> flash. (Please tell me that this isnt some funky suspend mode and I'm just a
> moron). However, I have yet to see the kernel panic again, but that doesn't
> mean its not right around the corner! Could a faulty ethernet card be doing
> this, kinda like a short or something? Every time I boot up it gives me
> error:1 overruns:1 dropped:1. All my network settings are correct, nearest I
> can tell.
>
> Anyway, I will continue swapping part out until I'm either out of them, or
> it solves the problem. Thanks again everyone for all your help.

Well the error:1 overruns:1 dropped:1 line wouldn't have anything to do
with your problem. It sounds as if you have a faulty motherboard. If you
swapped out the RAM and the HDD, that's pretty much all it could be at
this point.

> ps - Toby, if you read this, it's Roberts. How the hell are ya?

Pretty good. Got married and am working in Paoli. Other than that,
nothing much is going on. When are you done law school?

--
Tobias DiPasquale
88FA 30C9 1E63 CFE2 CBD8  37C4 DA1C E2BF 1D26 F036