gabriel rosenkoetter on Tue, 04 Mar 2003 10:10:34 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Sendmail Security Alert

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 10:31:44PM -0500, wyrdvans@anthwyn.dhs.org wrote:
> Anybody have any experiences or tips on converting from sendail to postfix?
> I've been thinking about doing it for a while now and I guess now is as good a
> time as any.

If you were using NetBSD, I'd say, "edit /etc/mailer.conf with vi,
and do %s,sendmail/sendmail,postfix/sendmail,". ;^>

Okay, not really. There are probably some config files to edit
slightly.

Yes, I've got experience, but it's been a long time since I switched.
If you're willing to wait for me to get some time during the day
or this evening, I can send you a quick run-down. But a bit of
googling will probably find you a script to convert a sendmail.cf
(or, better, mc) to a Postfix main.cf, which ought to be enough to
get you up and running.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net