Edward M. Corrado on Tue, 04 Mar 2003 10:30:32 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Support Requests Tracking Software?

I've looked at Real Tracker (in fact I tried to install it), but it
apparently won't work on Apache 2.0 due to some problems with mod_perl and
Apache 2.X (in particular, I need to get libapreq to install) and I really
don't want to downgrade Apache because then I'll have a ton of other
things to worry about working on this server. Maybe when mod_perl for
Apache 2.X is complete I'll be better off.

I've been trying to get PHPHelpDesk working this morning to no avail and
since it seems to be a dead project, I'm not sure how much effort I want
to put into it. For those who are familiar with PHPHelpDesk and care, my
problem is that variables aren't being substituted correctly. Instead of
getting the variable value as output, I'm getting the PHP code. For
example, the instead of the name of my helpdesk as the title, I get
something like:

	<?echo $g_title;?>

I checked some of the PHPHelpDesk mailing list archives and the only
suggestion that might have made sense that I could find was to make sure
global variables were turned on in my php.ini (which they were). Overall,
I know that PHP and MySQL are working with my Apache because I am running
a different application on it that needs PHP and MySQL and it is fine.

Ed C.