gabriel rosenkoetter on Thu, 6 Mar 2003 15:47:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] PDAs

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 02:43:49PM -0500, Bill Patterson wrote:
> Does anyone have any recommendations as to a good hand-held personal
> digital assistant that runs using Linux?  I have heard of the Simputer
> and the Agenda.

It doesn't run Linux, but my Newton MessagePad 2100 is the best
PDA I've ever used, and I've used quite a few. Find them for around
$150 on eBay.

(I'd argue that Linux is ill-fitted to this application. You neither
need nor want a full-fledged, general-purpose operating system here.
If you wanted that, you'd be getting a full-fledged computer, no
matter how small.)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net