Fred K Ollinger on Thu, 6 Mar 2003 17:55:09 -0500

[PLUG] [OT] X forwarding broken under solaris

This was something I wanted to ask at the meeting last night, but I was
unable to articulate it properly as I didn't have the error message in
front of me.

I compiled my own version of ssh under solaris.

However, X forwarding seems to be broken. Here's what I get when I do

ssh -vvv -X solaris_remote_host

[snip]
debug2: x11_get_proto /usr/X11R6/bin/xauth list :0.0 2>/dev/null
debug1: Requesting X11 forwarding with authentication spoofing.
debug1: channel request 0: x11-req
debug1: channel request 0: shell
debug1: fd 3 setting TCP_NODELAY
debug2: callback done
debug1: channel 0: open confirm rwindow 0 rmax 32768
debug1: Remote: No xauth program; cannot forward with spoofing.
debug2: channel 0: rcvd adjust 131072

I found xauth here:

/usr/openwin/bin/xauth

Thanks.