Will Dyson on Mon, 10 Mar 2003 21:20:15 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Iptables/Port Forwarding

On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 18:45, Naresh wrote:
> LeRoy,
>
> Its not working for some reason. I am pretty sure apache is running on
> 192.168.0.2 (I can get to it locally). BTW, I added your lines at
> the end of my script (modified
> eth0 -> eth1).
>
> I did "links http://66.71.91.54:80"; and I get not found. "links
> 192.168.0.2:80" works

I belive the problem is that your router doesn't know what to do with
packets destined for the external interface arriving on the internal
interface. Or, at the least, that situation doesn't trigger the DNAT
rule. I belive there is some hoop you must jump through to make this
work correctly...

At any rate, try testing the DNAT from outside of your private subnet.

--
Will Dyson
"Back off man, I'm a scientist!" -Dr. Peter Venkman