Paul on Tue, 11 Mar 2003 17:20:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Home Networking Question

Verizon DSL, which I'm using now, has a new policy which allows multiple computers on one connection. If you share your connection wirelessly, technically, all PC's can be on your LAN. Don't charge to resell your access. Simply charge an "administration" fee to keep the wireless router running. Feel better?

Jason Wertz wrote:

I'm actually considering dropping my cable service because I've noticed
that several other people in my apartment building have wireless
networks and they are unsecured...not that a little sniffing couldn't
get around them being encrypted anyway. I guess I'm just too honest of a
person though and can't bring myself to do it. I'm getting 5mb
connections on average from the other networks I've used in my building.
Maybe I'll approach the other people and see if they want to split costs
on a single connection.