Timothy Lee Young on Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:46:08 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Home Networking Question

Hey Craig, you make a lot of sense, however,

my client actually would like the ability to use the wireless laptop at
her friend's house, connected directy at the rear of her house, and she'd
like to use the laptop up on the roofdeck (this summer, of course!) of
either the two houses.

so far, we've got up to about 75ft. range, then it cuts out; she has her
router at the front side of her house, and i've recommended for her to
move the router/ap to the rear side of her house, so we may have a chance
yet of accomplishing her wish; i could guess that we still may need a
signal booster or external antenna tho.

thanks for the links, thats interesting reading!

tim