epike on Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:49:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Hard Drives Crashing

Do you see APIC errors in the logs...I had similar
problem on a dual pentium pro (crashing randomly
on heavy network and disk loads) and passing "noapic" to
the kernel makes it stable a little bit--i remember
it still crashing but not as often (I'm not
using that machine anymore).

I dont know what "noapic" means, its related to
making interrupts processed by just one cpu
I think.

e pike