Kam Salisbury on Sat, 15 Mar 2003 12:20:07 -0500

[PLUG] Ultra cheap wireless antennae 4 sale

Well... equipment purchased for a proof of concept project is now sitting
unused and can be had by any PLUG member willing to make a reasonable offer
and pay the shipping. Contact me off list if interested please.

All items are used. I am just recouping some of my costs;

1. One 20 inch War Wands brand directional 2.4GHz antennae with standard
female N connector.
2. One 10 foot of professionally fabricated LMR cable with N connectors.
3. One N connector phased gas type lightning arrestor. It can take multiple
hits.
4. One professionally fabricated LMR cable adaptor from N connector to
Linksys wireless router.

No, I cannot part the pieces out unless you co-ordinate with someone else
that wants the parts you do not.

What is a reasonable offer? I cannot give the items away for free. I wanted
to offer them to a PLUG member doing something interesting before trying to
unload the items on eBay. The equipment was used to make a .75 mile 802.11
shot above tree level from one building to another. It worked flawlessly but
the client is going to use laser for the added throughput instead. Please
keep in mind it will be about 10 bucks to ship all this to you. I cannot
garuntee I can hand them off to you at a future PLUG meeting or I would
offer.

Do you want something for nothing? I have these items available to give away
if you pay for the shipping.

1. One Modem Blaster  model DI5665 ISA type V.90 modem.
2. Two AUI to 10BaseT Media Converters. One Lantronix brand, the other
Blackbox.
3. One PII 266 (512 cache) slot type Pentium processor with a brand new dual
fan cyber cooler.
4. Two mystery size (8MB?) 72pin nonparity RAM.

Thanks...

Kam Salisbury
MCSE, Linux+, CNA
http://kamsalisbury.com