Paul on Sat, 15 Mar 2003 22:42:09 -0500

Re: [PLUG] mac os 9 or x reinstall

Hmm. My neighbor had a similar problem with a desktop Mac; a G3 I think. The drive wouldn't "initialize" unless it was the only drive enabled in the system. After that it was fine. In your case maybe completely removing any existing partitions would help. Or try using Linux's fdisk or cfdisk to create a Mac partition.

I wish I could take a trip to Japan. You will wish you were there, too, after the woman comes back to the US! You are so dead! ;^>

nash oudha wrote:

hi there

i installed Yellow dog on my girlfrinds ibook (ereased the hard disk)now i want to put os 9 and os x back to the ibook every time i boot from the restore CD of os 9or the os x cd i get a messege that there is no hard disk or invaild hard disk... i geuss because there no HFS found,

is there any way to format the HD in HFS or any tools

please help before my Gfrind come back from Japan she will kick my ass