Fred K Ollinger on Wed, 19 Mar 2003 11:22:09 -0500

[PLUG] sparc problem

I moved houses, and now my sparc will not boot. I checked www.google.com,
and read a lot of manpages, to no avail.

Here's the relevent error:

"Can't open input device.
Keyboard not available. Using tty for input and output."

Then the screen goes black.

Any ideas? I have read about memory with regards to the problem, but
pulling the memory and moving it around did not help. Also, I moved the
video card around to no avail.

The keyborad was plugged in at all times, and there was no known damage so
I'm not sure if this is really the problem. I wanted to run it headless
anyway, but it won't connect via ethernet eventhough I thought I had it
configged properly (worked headless before I moved). How to set up tty?
What hardware do I need?

Thanks in advance.

Fred Ollinger (follinge@sas.upenn.edu)
CCN sysadmin