gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 19 Mar 2003 11:38:09 -0500

Re: [PLUG] sparc problem

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 11:21:31AM -0500, Fred K Ollinger wrote:
> The keyborad was plugged in at all times, and there was no known damage so
> I'm not sure if this is really the problem. I wanted to run it headless
> anyway, but it won't connect via ethernet eventhough I thought I had it
> configged properly (worked headless before I moved). How to set up tty?
> What hardware do I need?

Way to read the whole message, gabe.

Okay, do you have another keyboard to try?

The tty is the serial port. Should be a DIN-9, should be able to
make a cable to map it to a PC serial port pretty easily (google for
the pinout). I think you want terminal emulation software set to
19.2 or so, 8N1.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net