Paul on Wed, 26 Mar 2003 12:23:04 -0500

Re: [PLUG] php prob: downloads empty file

Samantha S. Ollinger wrote:

Now my problem is the file I download is corrupted. Gabriel mentioned that
it had to do with mime types.

Now I am told to convert the script to a cgi one, and see if the problem
still persists. Also this file is going to be accessed by a few thousand
people atleast. And also in order for the file to be accessed the person
must belong to a particular group, come in from a certain set of IP
numbers. etc. And a htaccess won't work, as the person has to go through a
few redirects get this "token" have it validated, come to my page, agree
to a license, and so on.

This reminds me about something unpleasant. Anyway...

What does this have to do with an actual file retrieval? Once validated, couldn't a basic transfer method be used? Why does PHP have to handle the transfer? Do the files take longer than 30 seconds to download?