Kevin Brosius on Thu, 27 Mar 2003 16:20:56 -0500

Re: [PLUG] WebsiteOS

Bradley Molnar wrote:

> I just registed myself a domain (through dotster) and it came with 30 days
> of free hosting.  The hosting company (of whom i probably won't be a
> customer after my 30 days is over) uses a control panel called WebsiteOS.
>
> As far as I can tell, WebsiteOS is like a master control panel for all of
> the various underlying (mostly opensource) items.  It reminds me of the
> siteadmin features on Cobalt servers.
>
> What do people know about this product, and, is it actually opensource and
> if so, where can I download a copy from.  I tried searching the apt
> database, to no avail.  I searched both freshmeat and sourceforge, also with
> no luck.
>
> Or, is there another product that does this sort of stuff and makes website
> admin easy and all.
>
> This is an idea I am playing with, I don't need it right away, although I
> would prefer to know where it comes from.
>
> also, www.websiteos.com doesn't go anywhere (well, I get an error).
> help.websiteos.com doesn't help either.
>
> just want to know what people know
>
> thanks
> -brad

Looks like an interesting tool, I'll have to look for it also.

In a (slightly) related topic, if you need some low cost hosting, I'm
starting to offer it on my home server.  Drop me an email here or at
(cobra at compuserve.com) and let me know what you'd be looking for.

--
Kevin Brosius