Fred K Ollinger on Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:52:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] debian sarge dist-upgrade

> libc6 on sarge is broken for most non-i386 architectures, and php4 is
> broken on all architectures with this version of libc6.  It is still not
> wuite worked out in sid, so I wouldn't hold my breath for a quick fix
> for that.  Barring php4 problems, libc6 is fairly stable on i386.

What does "broken" mean? Is the package broken or does it actually not
compile against the new libc6? I compile my own php packages so I would
like to know if this would effect me at all. Still, I wouldn't run a
server on full-blown sarge, yet, anyway. I do grab the "unstable" ssh
binaries, though.

Fred