Samantha S. Ollinger on Sat, 29 Mar 2003 13:59:09 -0500

Re: [PLUG] haunted mouse?

I had this problem a while ago. I shut of gpm /etc/init.dgpm stop
So it doesn't work in the cli (non X part - the part where you type
startx), but works fine in X (konsole, on browsers, etc)

Hope this helps.

Samantha

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003, jeff wrote:

> Here's a new one....  I think the computer got mad because I went on
> vacation.  The cursor seems to be jumping down, randomly selecting
> things, opening programs, and switching desktops.  The scroll wheel
> wouldn't scroll up (but would scroll down).
>
> Replacing the mouse solved the scrolling but not the jumping.  Nothing
> else seems out of the ordinary.  Running Debian sid, optical then MS
> mouse.  Don't recall installing anything that had to do with the mouse.
>
> Not sure where to look software-wise, as it *is* technically working.
> Checking the KDE control panel, everything seems fine as far as mouse
> settings (I unchecked the "Move cursor randomly" box).
>
> Can someone please point me in a general direction?  Screaming at it
> hasn't had any effect (as yet).
>

> Thanks.

-Samantha