jeff on Sat, 29 Mar 2003 13:49:36 -0500

[PLUG] haunted mouse?

Here's a new one....  I think the computer got mad because I went on
vacation.  The cursor seems to be jumping down, randomly selecting
things, opening programs, and switching desktops.  The scroll wheel
wouldn't scroll up (but would scroll down).

Replacing the mouse solved the scrolling but not the jumping.  Nothing
else seems out of the ordinary.  Running Debian sid, optical then MS
mouse.  Don't recall installing anything that had to do with the mouse.

Not sure where to look software-wise, as it *is* technically working.
Checking the KDE control panel, everything seems fine as far as mouse
settings (I unchecked the "Move cursor randomly" box).

Can someone please point me in a general direction?  Screaming at it
hasn't had any effect (as yet).

Thanks.