M.Simons on Mon, 31 Mar 2003 12:03:06 -0500

[PLUG] computer recycling event

Do you have older computers that you would like to dispose of in a safe,
environmentally friendly way? The UrbanTech Project and the Philadelphia
Digital Divide Network are sponsoring a Computer Recycling Event.

Date:  Saturday, April 12, 2003
Time:  9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Place:  The Urban Tech Project
            5th and Luzerne Streets, 5th Floor
            Philadelphia, PA 19140

This event is part of National Youth Service Day, and close to Earth
Week as well.  Local students are helping to organize this event, and
will be on hand to accept your equipment.  All donations will be reused
in the community or recycled properly.   Your donation will provide
students and community members with opportunities to gain computer
refurbishing skills.  Local organizations will also benefit by receiving
refurbished computers.

Some fees will be charged to cover the costs of properly recycling
moniters and printers, which contain hazardous materials.  Please bring on
April 12: Computers (no charge) Mice and Keyboards (no charge) Monitors
($10 fee) Printers ($5 fee)

For more information, contact Sonya Trippett at 215.227.0600.  Visit
UrbanTech online at www.delawarevalley.org/urbantech.  Please announce,
post and distribute this information freely!

About the Philadelphia Digital Divide Network: We collect, repair, and
distribute computers to those who would otherwise not have access to
technology.  We provide these resources through learning opportunities for
youth, teachers, nonprofit organizational staff, job training
participants, and community members.

--
Faith Goldstein
Coordinator, Digital Divide Project