Mike Leone on Tue, 1 Apr 2003 14:30:25 -0500

[PLUG] RFC: seeing other LUG meeting announcements on PLUG list?

I send our PLUG announcements out to the CHLUG (Cherry Hill User Group)
mailing list, since I figure they're another local LUG, and maybe some of
their members might want to come to our meeting. I was mentioning on that
list how I send our announcements to PLUG-Announce, which auto-forwards them
to the main PLUG list.

And so I was thinking ... in the spirit of community, perhaps we could do
the same thing for CHLUG - give the CHLUG leader posting priveleges to
PLUG-Annunce for announcing CHLUG meetings. That way, some of the PLUG
members could get notification of other local LUG meetings that they might
not otherwise be made aware of.

What does the group think - would they mind seeing meeting announcements for
other local LUGs on the PLUG list? If not, perhaps we could coordinate with
any other LUGs in the area to sort of generally announce many LUG meetings
in the area - we do have a large circulation on our mailing list, after all.