gabriel rosenkoetter on Tue, 1 Apr 2003 15:54:03 -0500

Re: [PLUG] RFC: seeing other LUG meeting announcements on PLUG list?

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 02:28:49PM -0500, Mike Leone wrote:
> What does the group think - would they mind seeing meeting announcements for
> other local LUGs on the PLUG list? If not, perhaps we could coordinate with
> any other LUGs in the area to sort of generally announce many LUG meetings
> in the area - we do have a large circulation on our mailing list, after all.

This is a "depends on the traffic" issue for me.

Right now, we get two, maybe three emails from plug-announce on a
monthly basis. That's nowhere near enough to even touch the overload
radar. Getting that many a *day* wouldn't faze me, but I go through
a whole lot of email daily.

I'd say that this is one of those things we should take as it comes.
Adding CHLUG's announcements in the easy way (letting their
moderator post to plug-announce) makes perfect sense, and is a
reasonable community thing to do. When we get up in the range of
four or more LUGs all sending email to each other's announcement
mailing lists, it's gotten silly. And *then* we should set up a
general purpose LUG announce.

Seem reasonable?

--
gabriel rosenkoetter