mike.h on Sat, 5 Apr 2003 12:11:09 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Java applet on linux...

On Fri, 2003-04-04 at 19:36, Paul wrote:
> OK, but I don't see how the error message indicates a version conflict.

According to http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/compatibility.html
this exception was thrown in earlier versions if the JVM attempted to
load a class that's not of a supported major or minor version. Since the
newer machines here, both Win2K and Linux, with later versions, run the
applet without a problem, I'm presuming that it's a version related
issue. When I have the opportunity, I'll do more tests.

Thanks again,
-mike.h