W. Chris Shank on Thu, 10 Apr 2003 15:43:04 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Laptop Reseller Whoas

I really don't have much to say at this point. I'm looking to find someone
that will allow me to resell with Linux pre-installed, cause Windows 2K/XP
Pro cost about $130. So on a $999 machine - it's a significant cost. I'm
looking for a low-end model to sell, so it only needs the basic network
and battery functionality and a decent screen.

Personally, I recently bought an iBook. Love the hardware, not so much in
love with OS X. Replacing it with YDL 3 as soon as I can get my hands on
it. But the hardware is great. Had a Vaio super-slim - hardware was also
pretty good, but the thing got really heavy with the docking station (not
to mention expensive). Had powermanagement problems in Linux _and_
Windows, so never could get any relief.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.