Tom Diehl on Fri, 11 Apr 2003 19:23:09 -0400

[PLUG] Re: Free Linux software and training from IBM

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Naresh wrote:

> Also Oracle 8i and 9i are free to download (not for production ofcourse).
> Solaris 9 is free to download.

Well almost. For Solaris on x86 there is a $20.00 charge to download it.
Download for Sparc it is free. If you want them to send you media there
is a higher charge. IIRC $99.00 but I could be wrong about that one.

> Anyone know if IBM/Lotus will be shipping out Lotus Notes for Linux? Did
> anyone get Notes to work with Linux. I had some success using wine, but
> wine crashes after I enter my password. Only if there were a Lotus Notes
> client.

IMO the best answer to that problem is get rid of BLotus notes. :-)

Sorry, just could not resist.

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl@rogueind.com	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....