W. Chris Shank on Wed, 16 Apr 2003 14:38:19 -0400

[PLUG] Anyone tried replacing Exchange lately?

I need to replace a MS Exchange 5.5 server and was wondering if anyone has
any hands on experience with the alternatives, including: Bynari, Samsung
Contact, Kolab, SuSE Openexchange, others?

Luckily - for my implimenation, I only need to replace these functions in
Exchange: email, vacation calendar, shared contacts database. So I think
it would be easier for me to use a collection of alternatives instead of
one massive tool, but it might be nice to be able to continue to use
Outlook (though not a requirement).

Thanks

Chris