Mental Patient on Thu, 17 Apr 2003 13:45:50 -0400

[PLUG] kernel backports for 2.4

This morning I found a cool little collection of 2.5 backports to 2.4.
So I figured I'd give them a whirl and try out the low
latency/scheduler/packet writing stuff. So far X11 feels a bit more
responsive. I'm also thinking of doing a format/reinstall of debian
w/xfs support.

Anybody else playing with this stuff?
http://members.optusnet.com.au/ckolivas/kernel/
http://people.debian.org/~blade/XFS-Install/

Mainly I'm interrested in better performance when gaming and packet
writing cd-rw's. I haven't followed lkml in quite some time, so I have a
bit of research to do to catch up. Anybody want to compare notes (off
list maybe)?

--
Mental (Mental@NeverLight.com)

"Shouting at people who, for one reason or another, cannot hear you
is mentally-ill behavior -- or evidence of idiots in command."

--George Smith, a virus researcher and columnist for SecurityFocus.

CARPE NOCTEM, QUAM MINIMUM CREDULA POSTERO.

GPG public key: http://www.neverlight.com/pas/Mental.asc