Paul on Thu, 17 Apr 2003 12:53:20 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Two passwd files?

That idea may work. Either post-processing or pre-processing the passwd file.

I had a similar idea for the hosts file. (Oh, I just realized how important it will be to modify the hosts file before distributing it!) I thought of getting a list of hosts from the hosts file, which requires removing comments and local host information, that the rsync script can use to automactically target its updates. On the client side, local host information will need to be preseved.

I'm starting to wonder if going back to NIS would be easier.