gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 18 Apr 2003 10:41:09 -0400

Re: [PLUG] $20 wireless PCMCIA card

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 08:37:06AM -0400, Paul wrote:
> My tests indicate that I will need a card with an external antenna
> connector, or which can be easily hacked to add a connector.  The Belkin
> card is supposed to have a hidden mystery connector, but that's still a
> mystery to me.

What's wrong with buying a WaveLAN/Orincoco chipset-based card?

My Lucent-branded one has an antenna port at the end of the PC card,
and I presume the current reseller of the chipset (Proxim) is still
doing that.

They're a bit more expensive, but they're a lot better:

  http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10324157&loc=101

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net