Paul on Sat, 26 Apr 2003 21:59:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Desperately need power supply...

You could go to a place like Good Will and buy an old PC to get the power supply. Or wait until trash day when people throw away pre-pentium PCs.

John Beck wrote:

Hi all,
I am hoping that you can help - I am looking for an old AT style (preferably) power supply that puts out 7-8 amps minimum at +12v. Any type will work, brand doesn't matter, neither does voltage. Even anything other than an AT would work.
I am kind of in desperate need of this, so if anyone has an older unit that they are discarding or willing to part with cheap, please email me at jbeck@jbwd.net I am in NE Philadelphia, and can pick it up in person tomorrow (Sunday) if at all possible.
In case anyone is wondering, its not for a computer at all but as an AC to 12v DC converter to power a charger for my Radio Control airplanes. I figure someone might be able to help out, so its worth a shot!
Thanks alot for any help!