gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 30 Apr 2003 21:41:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Perl module install on OSX

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 03:47:38PM -0400, Eric Lucas wrote:
> modules but I've heard (it through the grapevine) that the
> usual "perl -MCPAN -e shell" command won't know where perl
> is installed and will try to install another copy of perl.

I find that hard to believe. If `perl` didn't know where its modules
were, it couldn't use them either.

Is it possible that what you've heard is someone who tried to
install a module with a "require 5.8.0" or similar in it, and CPAN
was just trying to install the newer version of Perl?

> When I walk in on Friday, I'd like to have an idea of how
> to get the modules installed correctly.

fink?

--
gabriel rosenkoetter